Followers

Sunday 22 June 2014

Almost There

Sunday 22 June 2014 10:00 GMT + 1

Wow! How fast the time has gone. It seems almost like yesterday that I started planning this ride, although I first started on it shortly after I rode to Geneva in 2009.

Maverick, you are starting to come up to scratch! TheCyclist is most pleased with you. Keep up the good work and you shall be greatly rewarded with a most excellent service when we get back from Nice. Is that fair? In addition, I'll even give you a really great wash 'n' polish before we go to the BBQ tonight. Does that sound good? Mmmmm, I think so, too. So glad you agree with TheCyclist, though. :-)

On a slightly serious note and in response to what so many people have asked me, I'm unable to upload photos instantly, as I don't have a smartphone at all. I only have the loan of a digital camera. As & when I'm able to, I shall be posting messages and photos online.

Not long to go now. I leave after Church this afternoon for JOG and the RATT ride itself starts on Tuesday morning at about 05:00. Yes, yes, I know. "5 o'clock? Who on earth starts riding at 'stupid o'clock' in the morning?", I hear you ask. "Maverick & TheCyclist, that's who!"

"Whaddaya mean, TheCyclist AND Maverick?", wailed Maverick, miserably.

"Oops, sorry, M. That wasn't meant for your ears. Just pretend you never heard that last remark and we'll get along fine."

Checklist:

TheCyclist, Maverick, satnav, bluetooth, charger, mobile phone, kit & the rest. (I know not what. Way too many things to make a list of...) Finally finished packing (almost) at 01:45 this morning.

What more can I say? Time to get moving. All prayers for trafficked victims would be greatly needed and prayers for Maverick & TheCyclist are also very much appreciated.

Thank you all.

In the meantime, all that's left to say is "YEEHAA!" Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment